St. Mary Magdalene has a passion to Celebrate and Share God's Love with the children among us. Children are welcome at all of our services. A staffed nursery and Godly Play are available on most Sundays during the 9 am service in the summer.
0 to 2 Years
The nursery is available with trained staff to care for your child during the 9 am service on Sunday. Parents drop children off just before the service. Nursery volunteers accompany children back to the sanctuary during Communion.
3 Yrs to Kindergarten
During the 9 am Sunday service, after the children's homily, our younger children have Godly Play, an interactive introduction to faith. (Second room of the nursery) Godly Play volunteers accompany children back to the sanctuary during Communion. Contact Julia McMillen.
In the summer, children in grades 1 – 5 are offered worksheets to fill out while sitting in the sanctuary during the Sunday service.
This Week in Children's Ministry
- Children are always welcome at all services.
- Sundays at 9 am:
- Nursery (0-2 years, in the nursery) and Godly Play (3 years – Kindergarten, in the Godly Play room next to the nursery) are available at 9 am on most Sundays.
- Parents bring children to the nursery before the service; other children through Kindergarten attend Godly Play after the children’s homily. Nursery and Godly Play volunteers return children to the service just before Communion.
- During the summer, children in grades 1 – 5 are offered worksheets to fill out while sitting in the sanctuary during the Sunday service.
- When the nursery is not staffed, children who are accompanied by a parent may go there during the service.
- Vacation Bible School
Join Saint Mary Magdalene and Shepherd of the Hills for the “Maker Fun Factory: Created by God Built for Purpose” VBS program July 19-21st from 9am-12:30 pm for ages pre-K to 5th grade. Register your children here! There are many ways to support this ministry. Please contact Sue Crowley to volunteer or refer to our supplies request and lend us some needed items.
Download PDF: SMM Policies for Ministries with Children or Youth