Explore Your Faith
St. Mary Magdalene offers a variety of faith and community formation opportunities for adults to deepen their faith and build friendships.
Activities include centering prayer followed by readings and contemplative dialogue, every Tuesday at 9:15 am in the library. More >
One event is the SMM Book Club which draws from a wide variety of titles and meets every six weeks in parishioners' homes. All are welcome to join the discussion. More >
Adult Formation Activities
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Second Sunday Women’s Gathering | Sunday, August 12, 10:30am-12:00pm
- Centering Prayer | Tuesday, August 7, 9:15-10:15am
- Men’s Discussion Group | Wednesday, August 8, 9-10am
- Sandwich Generation Support Group | Thursday, August 23, 7-8pm
- SMM Book Club | TBA
- Second Sunday Women’s Gathering | 2nd Sundays, 10:30am-12:00pm, in the church library. Next meeting: Sunday, August 12. All women of St. Mary Magdalene are warmly invited. Contact: Courtney Gambrell. More >
- Centering Prayer | Every Tuesday, 9:15-10:15am, in the church library. A time of quiet centering prayer followed by readings from contemplative authors as well as contemplative dialogue. Contact: Barb Beaton More >
- Men’s Discussion Group | Every Wednesday, 9-10am, in the church library. A group based on open discussion and examination of spiritual themes. Men can attend at any time. Our new book is Jesus: First Century Rabbi, by David Zaslow. Contact: Kip White More >
- Bible Study | On hiatus for the summer; next meeting TBA. Every Thursday, 1:30-2:30pm, in the church library. In addition to the Bible Study and discussion, there is mutual sharing, support, and prayer. Spencer+ leads the group, but the agenda is set by consensus. All are welcome! Contact: Spencer Carr
- Sandwich Generation Support Group | 4th Thursdays, 7:00-8:00pm, in the church library. Next meeting: Thursday, August 23. For supportive discussion and prayer for those who are dealing with aging parents, many while raising children. Contact: John Thornbury
- SMM Book Club | Fridays every 6 weeks or so, 7:00pm, in parishioners’ homes. Next meeting: TBA. The SMM Book Club draws from a wide variety of titles, and meets informally about every six weeks in parishioners’ homes. All are welcome to join the discussion. More >
- Adult Forums
Adult Forums are held periodically at 9am on Sunday during the school year. There is a wide variety of formation and current topics with the opportunity for discussion.
- Education for Ministry (EfM)
EfM is a 4-year course of study in which students dig deeper into the Christian faith, studying the Bible, Church history and theological ideas and reflect on connecting faith with life experiences. More >
- Labyrinth Walk
The outdoor Labyrinth is available to walk any time. The indoor Labyrinth is often available during the seasons of Advent and Lent. It is a time to come away from the busyness of life to walk, reflect and pray. More >
- Lenten Supper Series
On Wednesdays during Lent, a supper series is held with a simple meal, a presentation, and the opportunity for discussion and fellowship.
Through the years, the parish has collected a wide variety of books on the spiritual life including: Hebrew and Christian Scriptures, prayer, spiritual direction, theology, Christian history, and devotional classics. More >
If you consider yourself a Newcomer, whether you have attended for three months or three years and you have questions about further exploring your commitment to St. Mary Magdalene, contact Brian in the office at email@example.com or 303.530.1421 (office hours) to learn more.
- Supper Clubs
Sign ups for our fall dinner groups will begin on Sunday, July 22nd and continue through August 12th. Small groups of 6-8 will meet 3 or 4 times this fall for a simple meal and fellowship, in homes or restaurants. These gatherings are strictly social and are a great way to get to know other members better. For both new and longtime members! Look for the sign up sheet at the back of the sanctuary or contact Kim Freymiller or Carmel Hill for more information.
- Women’s Retreat
A retreat for a day or a weekend is scheduled most years for the women of our community. Contact: Courtney Gambrell More >