Explore Your Faith
St. Mary Magdalene offers a variety of faith and community formation opportunities for adults to deepen their faith and build friendships.
Activities include centering prayer followed by readings and contemplative dialogue, every Tuesday at 9:15 am in the library. More >
One event is the SMM Book Club which draws from a wide variety of titles and meets every six weeks in parishioners' homes. All are welcome to join the discussion. More >
Adult Formation Activities
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Adult Forum: Nogales Mission Trip | Sunday, February 10, 9:00-10:00am
- Second Sunday Women’s Gathering | Sunday, February 10, 11:30am-1:00pm
- Centering Prayer | Tuesday, February 5, 9:15-10:15am
- Men’s Discussion Group | Wednesday, February 6, 9:00-10:00am
- Centering Prayer | Wednesday, February 6, 6:00-7:00pm
- The Episcopal Church Welcomes You | Wednesday, February 6, 6:30-8:30pm (through Feb. 20) – see Calendar for details.
- Thursday Bible Study | Thursday, February 7, 1:30pm
- Lamplight Support Group | Thursday, February 7, 7:00-8:30pm
- Sandwich Generation Support Group | Thursday, February 28, 7:00-8:00pm
- SMM Book Club | Friday, February 8, 7:15pm
- Second Sunday Women’s Gathering | 2nd Sundays, 11:30am-1:00pm, in the church library. January meeting cancelled. Next meeting: Sunday, February 10. All women of St. Mary Magdalene are warmly invited. Contact: Courtney Gambrell. More >
- Centering Prayer | Every Tuesday, 9:15-10:15am, in the church library. A time of quiet centering prayer followed by readings from contemplative authors as well as contemplative dialogue. Contact: Barb Beaton More >
- Men’s Discussion Group | Every Wednesday, 9:00-10:00am, in the church library. A group based on open discussion and examination of spiritual themes. Men can attend at any time. Our new book is Jesus: First Century Rabbi, by David Zaslow. Contact: Kip White More >
- Centering Prayer | Every Wednesday, 6:00-7:00pm, in the church library. Centering prayer followed by activities to be determined. Contact: Carolyn Baker More >
- Lamplight Support Group | 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 7:00-8:30pm, in the church library. Next meeting: Thursday, February 7. Lamplight is a group both for those with mental illness and those supporting loved ones with mental illness. This is not group therapy, but a group to foster support, celebrating successes and sharing compassion for struggles. More >
- Sandwich Generation Support Group | 4th Thursdays, 7:00-8:00pm, in the church library. Next meeting: Thursday, February 28. For supportive discussion and prayer for those who are dealing with aging parents, many while raising children. Contact: John Thornbury
- SMM Book Club | Fridays every 6 weeks or so, 7:15pm, in parishioners’ homes. Next meeting: Friday, February 8. The SMM Book Club draws from a wide variety of titles, and meets informally about every six weeks in parishioners’ homes. All are welcome to join the discussion. More >
- Adult Forums
Adult Forums are held periodically at 9am on Sunday during the school year. There is a wide variety of formation and current topics with the opportunity for discussion.
- Education for Ministry (EfM)
EfM is a 4-year course of study in which students dig deeper into the Christian faith, studying the Bible, Church history and theological ideas and reflect on connecting faith with life experiences. More >
- Labyrinth Walk
The outdoor Labyrinth is available to walk any time. The indoor Labyrinth is often available during the seasons of Advent and Lent. It is a time to come away from the busyness of life to walk, reflect and pray. More >
- Lenten Supper Series
On Wednesdays during Lent, a supper series is held with a simple meal, a presentation, and the opportunity for discussion and fellowship.
Through the years, the parish has collected a wide variety of books on the spiritual life including: Hebrew and Christian Scriptures, prayer, spiritual direction, theology, Christian history, and devotional classics. More >
If you consider yourself a Newcomer, whether you have attended for three months or three years and you have questions about further exploring your commitment to St. Mary Magdalene, contact Brian in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.530.1421 (office hours) to learn more.
- Supper Clubs
Sign ups for our spring supper club groups are now under way. Supper clubs involve about eight adults, and any accompanying kids, meeting together for a meal either in homes or restaurants monthly for the sole purpose of getting to know each other. These gatherings are strictly social and are a great way to get to know other members better. For both new and longtime members! For more information or to join new supper clubs that will meet from January to May, contact Kim Freymiller or Carmel Hill.
- Women’s Retreat
A retreat for a day or a weekend is scheduled most years for the women of our community. Contact: Courtney Gambrell More >