Parish News December 22, 2017
- Sunday, Jan 7: Deadline for Vestry nominations to be submitted to Colleen Brolin, Vestry Clerk. Please include a short (1-2 paragraph) bio and your reasons for wanting to serve.
- Sunday, Jan 14 @ 11:30am: 2018 Budget Preview
- Tuesday, Jan 16 @ 6:30pm: Vestry Meeting
- Sunday, Jan 28 @ 11:30am: Annual Parish Meeting
If you consider yourself a Newcomer, whether you have attended for three months or three years and you have questions about further exploring your commitment to St. Mary Magdalene, join us at 6:00pm on Saturday, January 6, for a home cooked meal and meaningful discussion about what it means to be a member of the St. Mary Magdalene community. Sign up on the Welcome Table near the main entrance. Child care provided upon request. Contact Sarah Jane Delaney or Carolyn Kesterson for more information.
New Book for the Wednesday Men’s Group
The Wednesday men’s group at St. Mary Magdalene has started a new book, Jesus: First Century Rabbi, by David Zaslow and will be discussing it through the month of January. All men are welcome Wednesdays at 9:00am in the church library. Contact Kip White for more information.
SMM Book Club
Our next book is Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood, by Trevor Noah. We’ll be hosted by Marge and Ed Szoke at 7pm, Friday, January 5.
Supper Clubs at St. Mary Magdalene are in full swing and growing! These get-togethers occur once monthly from now until Spring. A group of 6-8 people gathers for a meal and good conversation, which is a great way of getting to know fellow parishoners. If you would like to begin attending a Supper Club group, please contact Carmel Hill or Kim Freymiller.
Would you like to bake communion bread? The recipe is simple – making and baking takes about a half hour on Friday evening or early Saturday morning. Deliver the bread to the church before 10:00 am Saturday. It is nice too if you present it at the offertory on Sunday morning, but not necessary. This is a wonderful expression of service and care for your church family! Find the recipe here! Contact Janet Poley to volunteer.
UPCOMING AT AND AROUND ST. MARY MAGDALENE
Top · Formation · Connect · Subscribe
- Choir Rehearsal, Thursday December 21, 7:00pm
- Common Cathedral, Friday December 22, 6:00pm
Taize Service with Eucharist , Saturday December 23, 5:00pm
- Sunday Worship, Sunday December 24, 10:00am
- Family Christmas Eve Service, Sunday December 24, 4:00pm
- Festival of Christmas Lessons and Carols, Sunday December 24, 7:00pm and 10:00pm
- Feast of the Nativity, Monday December 25, 10:00am
- Centering Prayer, Tuesday, December 26, CANCELLED this Week
- Men’s Discussion Group, Wednesday, December 27, 9:00am
- Sandwich Generation Group, Thursday December 28, 7:00pm
- Taize Service with Eucharist, Saturday December 30, 5:00pm
- Sunday Worship Service, Sunday December 31, 10:00am
The church office will be closed until 9:00am on Tuesday, January 2.
Top · Upcoming · Connect · Subscribe
CONNECT WITH SAINT MARY MAGDALENE
Priest in Charge: The Rev. Bruce Swinehart, email@example.com
Children and Youth: Sue Crowley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Director: Matt Witherow, email@example.com
Parish Administrator: Brian Gates, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Warden: Sarah Delaney, email@example.com
Jr. Warden: Jeff Cantrell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Worship Service Times
Sundays 8:00am (except 12-24) & 10:00am (plus Christmas Eve on 12-24 at 4pm, 7pm, 10pm)
Priest in Charge Hours
Sun Afternoon-Mon – Sabbath
Tues-Thur – Office Hours
Fri-Sat – by appointment