Parish News March 30, 2017
Hospitality: The Unboundaried Heart by Carolyn Kesterson
All guests who present themselves are to be welcomed as Christ, for he himself will say: ‘I was a guest and you welcomed me.’
Once a guest has been announced, the superior and the community are to meet the guest with all the courtesy of love. First of all, they are to pray together and thus be united in peace…
Great care and concern are to be shown in receiving poor people and pilgrims, because in them more particularly Christ is received. – Rule of Benedict 5:10-15 Read More >
- Sandwich Generation Group, Thursday March 30, 7:00pm
- Noon Lenten Eucharist, Friday, March 31, 12:00pm
- SMM Book Club, Friday, March 31, 7:00pm
- Contemplative Eucharist, Saturday, April 1, 5:00pm
- Sunday Worship, Sunday, April 2, 8 & 10am Details>
- Readings & Reflections (R&R), Monday, April 3, 5:30-7:30pm @ the Poleys’
- Centering Prayer, Tuesday, April 4, 9:15am
- Staff Meeting, Tuesday, April 4, 5:00pm
- Worship Advisory Team, Tuesday, April 4, 6:00pm
- Men’s Discussion Group, Wednesday, April 5, 9:00am
- Lenten Supper Series, Wednesday, April 5, 6:00pm
- Bible Study, Thursday, April 6, 1:30pm
- Noon Lenten Eucharist, Friday, April 7, 12:00pm
- Contemplative Eucharist, Saturday, April 8, 5:00pm
- Palm Sunday, Sunday, April 9, 8:00am and 10:00am Details>
- Easter Egg Stuffing Party, Sunday April 9, following the 10am service
Join Us As We Journey Through Lent to Easter Events>
Easter Egg Stuffing Party | April 9th following the 10:00am service
All parish hands are needed to stuff eggs for the Easter Egg hunt. Contact Sue Crowley.
Easter Sunday Coffee Hour | April 16
It is a St. Mary Magdalene tradition to welcome parishioners and guests with a special coffee hour on Easter morning. Please help us celebrate by bringing goodies to share – pastries, fruit, or cheese and crackers. Contact Sue Ellis.
Habitat for Humanity Build Day | April 29
Please join us for Saint Mary Magdalene’s build day with Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley. We have reserved all sixteen spaces for that day. There is work for everyone age 16 and older utilizing a variety skill sets. Lunch is being provided by Heart of Longmont Methodist Church. The deadline to sign up is April 25. For more information and sign up procedures please contact Mark Christie.
HOPE for Longmont Food Drive Update
Thank you to everyone who donated food, bags, and time for our HOPE Longmont drive. Thanks to you we filled nearly 90 nonperishable meals as well as provided ample snacks to hand out as well. Our youth group toured the HOPE facility and learned all about this amazing mission to serve the homeless and working poor.
Donations Being Accepted for Easter Flowers
Would you like to provide Easter Flowers? The cost is $40 and donations can be placed in the offering basket or mail slot by the church office with a note indicating they are for Easter. If you would like to submit a dedication for your donation please email the church office no later than Sunday April 9.
Mission Opportunity to Nogales, Arizona | June 12-17, 2017
The mission/exploration trip to Nogales, Mexico has one (possibly two) spots open. Please contact Leslie Harvison if you would like to be added to the trip or waiting list. This can be done with an email or text or phone call to Leslie. Please make out checks to SMM for $327 and put “Nogales trip” in the memo line.
Saturdays at 5pm
Sundays at 8am (no music) and 10am
Priest in Charge Hours
Sunday Afternoon-Monday – Sabbath
Tuesday-Thursday – Office Hours (unless otherwise scheduled)
Friday-Saturday – by appointment
*The church office will be closed on Thursday March 30.
To submit an announcement for the church calendar, Parish News, website, and bulletin, contact the church office no later than the Sunday prior to desired publication. Please limit announcements to 50 words or less. If more information is needed, a document can be linked to the announcements with a full description.